The management team assists the CEO in matters such as strategy, operating principles and other business undertakings, as well as matters concerning the entire company. The chairman of the management team is the CEO of FIT Biotech.
Management team members are:
Chief Executive Officer since May 16, 2016
- MD, Physician by training. MBA at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. In addition, Kuo has completed a bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology.
- His earlier positions include CEO positions in Biomicro Systems, Inc., Synthetic Biologics, Inc. Prior to that, he was CEO of Discovery Laboratories, Inc. after having worked as Associate Director in corporate licensing and development at Pfizer Inc.
- Currently serves as Chairman of the Board at Athena Bioventures in La Jolla, CA.
Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer (effective 1 May 2017)
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences from KU Leuven, Belgium, MSc in Biochemistry, and BSc in Economics and Business Administration from Åbo Akademi University, Finland
- Over ten years of experience in biomedical research at leading institutions (Yale University, KU Leuven, Karolinska Institutet, VTT Medical Biotechnology)
- Active in new business development in Europe and the US
Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer
- Licentiate of Medicine.
- CEO and President of FIT Biotech in 2003-2015.
- 40 years of international experience in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry (e.g. Spectrum Medical Sciences, Orion Corporation and Farmos Inc., USA.
- Has negotiated several global licenses with Big Pharma.
- Currently serves as the Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Icosagen A/S Estonia.
Senior Vice President, Country Manager and Chief Financial Officer
- Responsible for finance and administration as well as managing FIT’s operations in Tampere, Finland, including the GMP-manufacturing facility
- Associate in Business Administraton.
- Over 30 years of experience in international business in Finland and abroad (e.g. Paloheimo Group, Dresdner Bank, Bank of America).
- Currently serves on the Supervisory Board of Icosagen A/S Estonia and the Supervisory Board of Bank and Insurance Company LähiTapiola Pirkanmaa, Finland.
Vice President, Production
- M.Sc. (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology).
- Joined FIT Biotech in 2015.
- Long experience in the research, process development and biological production.
- Prior to joining FIT Biotech Oy he was employed by Ark Therapeutics Oy, responsible for the manufacturing of Gene Therapy Products in cGMP environment, and employed by Biofile Ltd.
- Also experience from cancer research with Orion and virology research at Turku University.
Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer
- Has been employed by FIT Biotech in 2000-2011 as Senior Scientist specializing in GTU®-technology.
- Since 2011 employed by Estonian Icosagen Cell Factory OÜ – a former associated company of FIT Biotech.
Vice President, Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Quality Responsible Director (QP=Qualified Person).
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control Manager of FIT Biotech since 2000.
- Experienced in EU Pharmaceutical legislation and Finnish Medicines Act.
- Prior joining FIT Biotech, worked at Leiras Turku as Microbiologist in Quality Control.